Nerves are kicking in.....

Today my parents are flying up from darn sarf, to come and see me in this race on Sunday, and ive started to get real nervous. Its real now!

Went to achilles heel on Wednesday and Stef took us on a tempo session essentially, which was just what I needed, its almost as if he knew! That went ok, been getting a few aches and pains lately and those were all firing but was fine, and felt really strong on the way home actually. Chatted for a bit about the race with Stef and George before a nice easy jog home.
The shop after, its dark out now!! Weird!

It was a soggy sweaty session! Foggy camera!

Thursday night was the final session, and we did the loops of fury, which is sets of 5, 3, 3, 5 loops in Kelvingrove Park, and that went well - wasnt pushing it but I wasnt exactly chilling out either! George was full of praise and had lots of good luck wishes from the guys which was great. I did notice however on the way home that I got heel pain, thats a red light for most runners but there isnt much I can do about it now! I was going to do a 5k or whatever around Glasgow Green this afternoon but the weather is foul and the foot is still sore so not sure ill bother honestly. Not like its going to make me any fitter and if my foot is going to hurt, i'm gonna save it for race day when I can trash it properly!

Aarrrggghhhhh I hate being nervous!!!! 

Some of the races ive done in the lead up to this one are technically harder, with steeper ascents and descents, and on the odd occasion, more ascent. So in reality, im quite well prepared but Im still feeling it because I want to enjoy it, run well, do everyone proud, put the effort in. Its a weird kinda pressure. 

Right. Gotta get this work done, i hope that N5 physics is a welcome distraction for the next few hours at least to give my brain a rest :)

Saw this in Asda yesterday...awesome! Bit steep at £15 though!

Comments

Popular Posts