Jasmin Paris. Superwoman?

Is this woman unstoppable?! My hero, thats what.
Wow. I remember reading an article earlier on in the year, around about the time I was thinking of signing up for Glencoe and about the time of the Jura fell race, when she or maybe one of her friends got married or something, and she said that she "...had a diet of largely prosecco and [chocolate].." or something and STILL came through and did the Jura hill race, ..... wait a sec, thats right, she got married on a hill run or something!? Ran it (or a bit of it) in the dress?! Either way, hilarious. Im sure its on her blogsomewhere.
Aaaaaanyway, I just found out that on the same day that I ran my glencoe race and I was all chuffed with myself, she was running the third and final one of the great three british rounds, the paddy buckley. This makes her the fastest female to complete all of the three rounds with a total time of 50hours and 9minutes.

This Inov8 article says the following... ( I have paraphrased...)

1 - In April, she smashed her own record for the Bob Graham round, a 66-mile circuit, which includes 8,230m of ascent over 42 of England’s fells in 15 hours and 24 minutes.Jasmin’s;time is 6th fastest ever recorded, by anyone. Ever. 90 minutes outside Billy Bland’s time of 13:53 in 1982....which has yet to be broken.

2 - In June, she set a new overall record for the Charlie Ramsay Round, thats 58-mile with 8, 700m circuit of 24 Scottish mountain peaks, including Great Britain’s highest, Ben Nevis, in an incredible time of 16 hours and 13 minutes.
Photo: Twitter profile pic @jasminkparis

3 - She took a break.... TO DO THE FREAKING UTMB and summer SKYLINES?! Oh yes. She finished 3rd at the Skyrunning world champs and got 6th in the UTMB, which was her first 100 mile race by the way. Oh yeah, and a win at the Tromso Skyrace, and Glencoe Skyline, which means she has the Extreme Skyrunning world title. Just saying.

4 - Then, to top it all off, on the day I was running the Glencoe marathon with a measley 26.2 miles and 5300ft ascent, and feeling all hardcore and chuffed with myself, she ran the final UK round, the Paddy Buckley,a 61-mile route over 47 Snowdonia mountain peaks with 8,530m...here she was only 51 minutes outside the overall record of 17:42.

....THAT means with a combined time of 50h 09m for all three rounds, she is the fastest female ever to complete all three. And I bet the list of folks who have even completed all three in their lifetime is pretty small.
Basically, i've taken the time to tell you all about this super-mega-awesome-hardasnails-hero because I think she is secretly made of adamantium in her bones, has nerves of steel, brass monkey balls, and from what I can tell is a throughly down to earth and nice lady..... and what a role model. She and I are only a year apart in age too I think. Pffff. I mean, it makes my knees hurt thinking about it but I tell you what.... #inspiration !!!

Comments

Popular Posts