Post-race legs and Glentress :D

OUCH!!

Hahahahaaa this week has been almost a total no-go! Ive ran a total of 5k all week! After spending the first 2 days this week with my parents wandering about as stiff as a board in compression tights, im not sure that was the wisest plan now! It got to Wednesday, and I debated run club but I was just way too sore man, in my joints so I left it again. Not a good sign. And with the parents just boarding the flight, I was still exhausted anyways! So Thursday came about and that was a bit better so I decided to give NTC a go. On the way there I tried a short trot around the corner, and not a chance. I was well sore still. So I still went and did NTC but actually by the end of it, I felt ok so I did go for a 5k after all. Super easy loops, and a really short relay race with the guys and that seemed ok. Not too sore at night but I did take an ibuprofen to make sure in fairness. I was suffering from the most awful headache all day as well, was weird, its been with me a few days and it just wont go away!! Not sure if its part of the body recovering .... :S

Standard rest before spooky climb!

Wall to wall sun.... its October man!!

View from the bench today... love this view!
 
Standard top of spooky shot!! So warm! 
On Friday night I lost my rag with it and took co-codomol and on Saturday morning that seems to have done it. Dave and I went for a day biking at Glentress with Alex. It was meant to be a cloudy breezy one and it ended up being glorious! We met at about 1030, and by 230pm, we were all cattle trucked. I did ok, a little tired on the legs but actually, was pretty well fine so that went well. Did quite a few personal records but felt slow on the downhill, it appears that ive lost a little bit of bottle but nothing too bad. Just need to go a few times to get it back I suspect, cant blame the legs for that! Sitting on the sofa writing this and reflecting on the week, after a huge pasta bake and ice cream, I can feel them throbbing a bit but I hope its ok. Another beer should do it.....because i'm allowed those now!!! YEYY! And .. The Mask is on telly....yeyyyy! Trip back to the 90's!!

Thinking about going over to check out the Carron Valley mountain biking tomorrow....see how that goes!

Comments

Popular Posts