The longest day in HISTORY!

So, Dave turns to me and goes...do you fancy a big day in the Mamores...so I naturally say yeah, course! I ran 53 miles last weekend, how big can it be?! Big. HAHAHA So we drove up to the Glen Nevis car park and decided to follow a route that would take us through Binnein Beag, Sgurr Eilde Mor, Binnean Mor, Na Gruagaichean, Stob Coire a Chairn, An Gearanach, Am Bodach, Sgor an Lubhair, Sgurr a Mhaim, Stob Ban, and Mullach non Coirean. 3750m ascent over 40km. Started out lovely, beautiful views in the morning sun down the glen. The cloud came in just as we got to Sgurr Eilde Mor but in fact, it cleared again before we reached the next summit. We fell out a lot, ran a bit behind, and had a very sore set of feet as id forgotten to put my insoles in my boots...! Fail. Plus, we had a bit of a bushwhack down the hill at the end, down a (what felt like!) near vertical forest into the tracks above Achriabach. Not sure how else you could manage that?!

Here are a selection of photos! We set out at 615am, and got off the hill at 8pm. The second weekend where ive spent 14hours on my feet! We peeled our boots off, scoffed some sweeties, and literally ran to the Fort...to the Grog and Gruel to be precise :) and then, with the road shut, we headed to Oban, to get back home to Glasgow. 2am, we finally get to bed...I think I might send a message to Catherine to scale down my plan for tomorrow...

 

Comments

Popular Posts