3 Eildons Trail race 2018

Well, let it never be said that the borders isnt interesting, what a day! That race was a tough cookie!! I was happy with my km splits and things but my god, I was blowing out of ones derriere most of the way around !!!

There was rocky up, rocky down, gravel, deep mud, stairs, rocky paths, jeep tracks, grassy slopes, heather, ice, frozen mud, not frozen mud ..... no matter what your forte was, there was a section for you in this one even thought it was only 10.5 miles! I thought I was going to vomit when I got to the mud section which was down but the river, at the top of those final climbs I could have sworn I was seeing double and my legs were on FIRE... I was literally crying out in pain as I sprinted for the line with another guy who was going for it as well! I also spent the whole race pretty much chasing this other lady in the race, she and I have reasonably similar ability and I was faster on the hills but she nailed me on the flatter sections where it was just regular running which was disappointing but we did have the hills in our legs by then, I did wonder whether I should have taken it easier on the hills but I feel good that I left it all on the course today. I managed a jog/walk back to the car park but that was it....awesome.




Now I think about it in fact, the only thing lacking today was bog!!

And then of course, the obligatory FOOD AND COFFE AFTER! Ended up with a cold shower but meh, I was just happy to have a rinse off! 









Comments

Popular Posts